[plt-scheme] 299.408 help-desk and old planet libraries

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Sat Dec 10 15:12:17 EST 2005

David Van Horn wrote:
> I just downloaded the 299.408 release candidate and notice the following
> problem:
>
> Start DrScheme.
> Start Help Desk.
> Search for anything.
>
> The following happens:
>
> DrScheme Internal Error
> exception raised by exception handler: continuation application:
> attempted to cross a continuation barrier; original exception raised:
> /home/dvanhorn/.plt-scheme/planet/300/cache/schematics/schemeunit.plt/1/1/compiled/info.zo:
> read (compiled): code compiled for version 299.106, not 299.408

I had a similar error the other day, running a freshly installed
299.407, except that in my case, DrScheme gave the "code compiled for
version 299.401" error on startup and refused to start, until I deleted
the the planet cache.

I often have more than one PLT installation, e.g. the current release
version and an SVN version.  I notice that collections installed from
.plt files get put in version-numbered directories, like 299.401, so
there's no conflict.  Perhaps Planet should do the same?

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.