[plt-scheme] Characters overlap (Japanese problem)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 8 11:32:00 EST 2005

At Fri, 09 Dec 2005 01:11:30 +0900, Chihiro Kuraya wrote:
> Please see the attached screenshots.

Thanks for the extensive set of examples!

It looks like one common problem: MrEd miscalculates the width of
individual characters. Where characters overlap, it's because MrEd
draws one character at a time. Where button and message labels are
clipped, it's because MrEd measures the text and Windows draws it. And
where everything looks right, Windows both measures and draws.

Still, I'm not able to reproduce this problem with any font on my
system. Do you happen to know what font is used to draw Japanese
characters in DrScheme buttons on your machine? (I see that it's
different than the font used for DrScheme buttons on my machine.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.