[plt-scheme] Re: R6RS

From: Paulo Jorge Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 7 10:31:27 EST 2005

Well, as far as I understood by briefly reading the status report and
some updates there will be a standard kernel and support libraries.
The support libraries are under review in the SRFI process and the
standard kernel is R5RS with some modifications. And I imagine for a
scheme implementation to be R6RS compliant will have to implement the
kernel and support the libraries, much like in Java as far as I
remember, right?

Is PLT Team already thinking on moving the implementation to R6RS
slowly? Or are you waiting everything to be decided? What will most
probably happen to the current module system?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

On 07/12/05, David Van Horn <dvanhorn at cs.brandeis.edu> wrote:
> Hello Paulo,
>
> You may already know this, but much of what will form R6RS is currently
> under review in the SRFI process (namely the number system, record
> system, module system, and support for Unicode).  I recommend you read
> the current drafts if you're interested in seeing what is likely to be
> included in the next revision of the Scheme standard.
>
> David

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group