[plt-scheme] starting DrScheme with no language level chosen

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 4 15:26:53 EST 2005

At Sun, 4 Dec 2005 12:17:30 -0800, Gregory Woodhouse wrote:
> Being relatively new to Scheme (and certainly DrScheme), I often find
> myself wondering which language to use and, for that matter, what is
> standard and what is not.

It appears to be one the core design features of Scheme is that the
standardized features are a small subset of what is generally out
there, making this game a pretty tricky for everyone concerned. We try
to do our best with documentation, etc, but it sounds like you are best
suited to the "Pretty Big" language level.

If you don't mind, perhaps you can give a try to our latest version
(the one Eli posted about earlier today) and see if it would have
steered you in the right direction.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.