[plt-scheme] 299.407

From: David T. Pierson (dtp at mindstory.com)
Date: Sun Dec 4 13:56:21 EST 2005

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 10:00:03AM -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> Your help in testing would be greatly appreciated. Please download
> version 299.407 from http://pre.plt-scheme.org/installers/, install,
> and try it on your programs.

I'm not sure if you want problems reported to the list, but since that
is the most straightforward thing to do...

I just downloaded plt-299.407-bin-ppc-osx-mac.dmg, mounted it, and then
double-clicked the enclosed "PLT Scheme v299.407.mpkg" installer.  I
think I clicked the usual buttons to install, though I did click
customize to see if anything was customizable, then went back to "easy
install".  When the "version-check" script ran (window which pops up
saying "Checking version...") I get an alert box that says:

The version you are installing is outdated,
PLT v100 is now available from plt-scheme.org
(There is also an even newer alpha version)
Are you sure you want to continue?

                                   No   Yes

I clicked "No" and then "Quit Installation" and then "Close", so I could
try it again.  Interestingly, it appears to have installed anyway.

My system is an iBook G4 running Mac OS X 10.3.9 (7W98), according to
System Profiler.  I also have PLT Scheme version 2.09 installed.

Any other information I can provide?

After deleting the "PLT Scheme v299.407" directory, I again double-click
"PLT Scheme v299.407.mpkg" to try reinstalling.  These are my specific
steps:

click Continue
select "Macintosh HD"
click Continue
click Upgrade (I don't remember it saying "Upgrade" the first time
    through)
type password and hit return

It begins installing, and again brings up the same alert dialog when
checking the version.  This time I click Yes and let it finish, then I
click Close when it is finished.

DrScheme (the newly installed one) seems to come up fine.  I haven't
tested my apps yet but I do have a usability comment that I'll put in a
different thread.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.