[plt-scheme] Development and Debugging

From: David J. Neu (djneu at att.net)
Date: Thu Dec 1 15:30:13 EST 2005

Hi all,

We're developing a relatively large web application which is
implemented in mzscheme and cgi-bin scripts with all of our code being
in modules.

The code in our production system is compiled since it's too slow
otherwise.

We're finding the debugging cycle to be very challenging because we
can't run compiled code in the production system with debug on because
it's really slow, therefore we don't get detailed error messages,
i.e. error trace.

We're also finding the development cycle to be inefficient because we
either:

1. Compile the code (w/ debug on) after each code change which is
really time consuming.

OR

2. Don't compile the code after each code change, in which case the
system runs really slowly, making testing painful.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers,
David

Posted on the users mailing list.