[plt-scheme] Problem with contracts and zo-compiled modules

From: Ittai Balaban (balaban at cs.nyu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 1 10:59:22 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 06:28 -0700, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> How do you generate the .zo files?
>
> If you use something like
>
>  mzc --zo *.zo
>
> then it may be that B is compiled before A, which means that A gets
> compiled twice. Something in the contract system causes the compiled
> code to be slightly different after each compilation (I need to look
> into this, eventually). You can avoid the mismatch compiling A first,
> so that the compiled form is used to compile B.

The problem was that I was only compiling module B and not A. This has
worked before (.zo's requiring non-.zo modules), but apparently not with
contracts. Compiling A, then B, things now work. Am I a bad person for
having mixed compiled and non-compiled modules, or is this a bug?

> If you use
>
>  mzc --make *.zo

Oh, nice. This will save me a lot of makefile garbage..
Thanks.

--
Ittai