[plt-scheme] Writing aho-corasick recognizer in mzscheme: newbie profiling help?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 2 09:07:20 EDT 2005

At Tue, 2 Aug 2005 00:38:21 -0700 (PDT), Danny Yoo wrote:
> Is a factor of six versus C code something that other people have seen?

Yes, that's typical for a program that's mostly data manipulation.

Did you try mzc? Sometimes it helps.

>  I'm also trying to puzzle out what lines like:
>
>     time = 4727 : no. = 5001 : #f in #<syntax>
>
> mean.

It means that no name could be inferred for the procedure, and the
procedure's source wasn't attached to any particular source location.

Usually, it means a procedure introduced by macro expansion, where the
macro was already compiled to bytecode. (In bytecode, source locations
are stripped from syntax constants.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.