[plt-scheme] Scsh script <-- Postgres database --> PLT program

From: nishad at ptolemy.tlg.uci.edu (nishad at ptolemy.tlg.uci.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 26 14:58:55 EDT 2005

I have a scsh script that does some logfile munging, using grep and wc
and such like.  This script needs to get a list of IP addresses that
are stored in a Postgres DB.  So far, I have been getting these values
from the DB "by hand", cutting-and-pasting them into the script, and
then running the script.  This is daft, but I couldn't find another
solution.

But I've managed (if that is the word) to get SchemeQL working on
Solaris, so now my PLT scheme programs can access database values.

I want to write one program that does both: retrieve DB values on its
own, and use the Unix shell tools.  Is there a way to do this, without
the clunkiness of having the scsh program call the PLT program to
write the DB values out to file, then read the file, and so on...?

Cheers,

nishad
--
"Things ain't been the same since the blues walked into town."

                                                -- Larry Love