[plt-scheme] Specifics on how display works..

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sun Apr 24 07:26:31 EDT 2005

John Clements wrote:

> Please be more specific: what output do you observe in the evaluation of
> these two expressions? In DrScheme, for me, these two produce identical
> outputs (well, the first one contains the string "AB" and the second one
> contains the string "ABC").

I'll hazard the guess that Jim tried the R5RS language in ver 299.

Here one gets the error:

     reference to undefined identifier: |2]|

Note that '[[ evaluates to the symbol |[[| . The reason is that
[ and ] doesn't count as ( and ) but are allowed in symbol names.

Btw - the REPL in R5RS doesn't accept '[[  so out it in
the definition window.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard