[plt-scheme] web-server reconfiguration

From: Geoffrey Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Wed Apr 20 10:35:57 EDT 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 10:17, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> Quoting GSK:
>> [10] Maybe this is related.  To restart the web server, I've been
>> doing this:
>>   ^C  (wait a few seconds)
>>   ^C  (ok, that did it)
>>   $PLTHOME/bin/web-server
>
> In principle, the server should have saved things in time. Argh.

I think the server did save things--no problem there.  It wrote a new
configuration-table.  It even populated
/Users/gknauth/test/plt/web-server/default-web-root with:  conf/
htdocs/  servlets/

On Apr 20, 2005, at 09:57, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> I have done this with a virtual host entry [1] that creates a
> "my-application.server" virtual host entry, but leaves the 'localhost'
> / 'server' entry alone, so that the server can be managed normally,
> while your application is resident in its own place.

This was the clue I needed.  I created a virtual host entry plt.local,
created a NetInfo entry for plt.local (Mac-speak for /etc/hosts),
restarted the web server, went to http://plt.local:8500, and voilà, it
worked.  More precisely, it told me I had no index.html in my brand new
htdocs, so I had to go make one.  But otherwise it worked.

On Apr 20, 2005, at 09:57, Jay McCarthy also wrote:
> This is only messy when you want your application to augment and/or
> link to the defaults.

Noted.  I'll worry about that creek when I get to it.  Thanks all for
your help.

Posted on the users mailing list.