[plt-scheme] web-server reconfiguration

From: Geoffrey Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Wed Apr 20 10:10:58 EDT 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 09:33, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> The configuration dialog of the server was at some point supposed to
> do just this kind of thing for you. Have you tried? -- Matthias

I did.  It almost seemed to work.  This is what happened.

[1] I modified $PLTHOME/collects/web-server/configuration-table to
start web service on port 8500.

[2] Started PLT webserver:  $PLTHOME/bin/web-server

[3] Clicked URLs:
   http://localhost:8500/
   http://localhost:8500/Defaults/
   http://localhost:8500/servlets/configure.ss
which reported:
This Web server uses the configuration in
[3-out]
/Applications/Added_Apps/PLT_Scheme_v299.100/collects/web-server/
configuration-table

[4] Changed configuration path to:
/Users/gknauth/test/plt/web-server/configuration-table

[5] Pressed Select.  Now @ URL
http://localhost:8500/servlets;id17*0/configure.ss

[6] Changed Host directory to:
/Users/gknauth/test/plt/web-server/default-web-root

[7] Pressed Update Configuration.

[8] Restarted web server as suggested.  (But see note [10] below.)

[9] Clicked URLs as in [3], and result was exactly the same as in [3].
New path did not stick, I still see the old path [3-out].

I did notice that configure.ss had an Edit Minor Details button that
allows lots of customization.  All the paths in there already start
/Users/gknauth/test/plt/web-server/..., yet if I follow step [3], I
still see the old path [3-out].

[10] Maybe this is related.  To restart the web server, I've been doing
this:
   ^C  (wait a few seconds)
   ^C  (ok, that did it)
   $PLTHOME/bin/web-server