[plt-scheme] My ongoing dilemma with XMLHttpRequest

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 15 07:03:43 EDT 2005

After much experimentation it appears the fault lies with
OS X.  I don't really expect anyone will be able to help me
with this, but on the off chance I've bundled up the code
and placed it online:

See the README file for details.  It won't work in IE.

Details of the problem: on OS X both Firefox and Safari
don't seem to receive the web server's response.  Ethereal
dumps indicate the response IS sent.  I've tried both
localhost and; traffic always uses the loopback
device (at least, that is where Ethereal captures it).  It
does work on Linux using localhost (Firefox blocks  If anyone has a OS X and Linux box on the same
network I'd be grateful if you could tell me if OS X
connecting to Linux and vice versa work.

Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
AIM: noelhwelsh

Yahoo! Mail Mobile