[plt-scheme] DrScheme/MrEd crash on x86_64

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Thu Apr 14 18:55:48 EDT 2005

Matthew Flatt wrote:
> This might be fixed in CVS.

Yes, it's fixed.  Thanks!

> There's a good chance of success if the
> program
>
>  #include <stdio.h>
>  #include <X11/X.h>
>
>  int main()
>  {
>    printf("%d\n", sizeof(Atom));
>    return 0;
>  }
>
> prints 8 instead of 4.

It does print 8.

 > If selection works, then I wonder whether opening a file works, too
 > (as in the original report). I'm not sure they're the same bug.

I didn't have any problems with opening files even in the version with
the error.  However, selecting text in the file open dialog's text field
would cause the crash, so perhaps that's what the OP saw.

Based on some brief testing, the x86_64 version of DrScheme is working
fine for me now.

There's some kind of problem with building the SSL and SGL extensions,
which I'll put in a separate post.

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.