[plt-scheme] PLT-Scheme and Cocoa/xCode

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 14 14:51:40 EDT 2005

At Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:37:24 -0500, Jim Witte wrote:
>    This has no doubt been hashed out before..  Are there ways to
> integrate PLT-Scheme into a xCode/Cocoa program on MacOSX?  I'm
> thinking not only of getting data in and out (which could be done with
> pipes), but having the Scheme program make a call directly to a Cocoa
> program to do something (graphical display of information, in this
> case), and a way for the Cocoa program to get access to the data in
> list variables (I'd need car, cdr, and number access).

You can embed MzScheme into your application. See "Inside PLT MzScheme"
(at http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/insidemz/insidemz.html and other
places) for more information.

More specifically for Mac OS X, use the "PLT_MzScheme" framework, which
is installed in "/Library/Frameworks" by the installer.

(I'll add the last bit of information to "Inside PLT MzScheme". When I
last revised that part of the manual, things were less simple under Mac
OS then they are now.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.