[plt-scheme] Broken pipe communicating with Javascript XMLHttpRequest

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 12 18:58:43 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm having a problem communicating with a JavaScript
XMLHttpRequest object from a servlet.  If I send a GET
request to a servlet synchronously from the XMLHttpRequest
object everything works.  If I send it asynchronously the
request bombs.  The readyStatus property gets set to 4, but
the status property is not set, and there is no
responseText.  On the console I'm running the PLT web
server from I see:

  read-request: http input closed abruptly
  Servlet exception:
  "tcp-write: error writing (Broken pipe; errno=32)\n"
  tcp-write: error writing (Broken pipe; errno=32)

This is with 299.32 on OS X 10.3, using Firefox and Safari.
 I'm pretty much using the example code from:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/xmlhttpreq.html

Any ideas?  In the archives Doug Orleans has noted the
errno=32 output but says it is harmless for his situation.
I will cook up a small test case if desired.

Thanks,
Noel

Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
AIM: noelhwelsh