[plt-scheme] homeschooling/self-study

From: Rich Talley (rich.talley at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 7 09:27:17 EDT 2005

Thanks for the good words.

I think I'll hold off on much comment until I've had a chance to spend
some time in the archives for this list; there's no need to re-plow
ground that's already been covered.

I'll just note that HTDP is not meant for self-study - the material is
designed for classroom use and needs to be presented and explained.
That means I have to read ahead and prepare the boys for the upcoming
section. This is different from some of the tutorials on the web that
I can just point the boys to and then answer the occasional question.

This is neither upsetting nor surprising but rather typical of textbooks.

Rich