[plt-scheme] problems with read-char, line or read

From: Jacopo Malnati (jacopo.malnati at email.it)
Date: Tue Apr 5 18:04:54 EDT 2005

Hi, I've created a small webserver in Scheme as homework for my University
in Lugano.
I run it using MzScheme (but also DrScheme).

I works REALLY FINE under MacOs but it sends bugged images under windows.
I think this is due to the different implementation of read-line. I also
tryed read-char ( I thougnth that the problem was with read line, sending
line by line and replacing "\n" after each line.. but it is the same with
read-char).
It seems that the first bit of the sent image are sent as 0 0 0 0 instead
being the "real" jpg "starting bits" (sorry for my english but I'm tired!).
The problem is while reading because If i use something like :

(let ([fd (open-input-file page-path)])
      (let read-loop ()
        (let ([filetext (read-char fd)])
          (cond
            [(not (eof-object? filetext)) (begin
                                            (display (char->integer
filetext))
                                            (display "\n")
                                            (write-char filetext socket-out)
                                            (read-loop))]... ... ...

the (display (char->integer filetext)) function will diplay me the ASCII
code of the read char... and for the first 4 positions, it says 0 0 0 0 and
tha'ts NOT true.. logically when I'm sending it to the client, it is not
able to render the image :(

Any suggestion?

If someone is interested, the webserver code is of course available ;) Just
ask (it implements just the GET method)

Jacopo Malnati
Computer Science Student in Lugano

 Sponsor:
 Con la Pietra Naturale puoi grigliare carne, pesce e verdura direttamente in tavola!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2743&d=6-4

Posted on the users mailing list.