[plt-scheme] print-graph

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Apr 4 22:24:08 EDT 2005

On Apr  4, Magnus Jonsson wrote:
> 1) (print-graph #t) does not affect the way that the REPL reports
>    results.  I have to wrap every expression I type in with (print
>    -expression-). In common lisp *print-circle* affects the repl's
>    output.

If you're talking about DrScheme, then it depends on the settings of
the language level.  (You can click on `Show Details' in the language
dialog and choose different ways to render output.)

> 2) Every time I press "Run", the previous value of print-graph is
> forgotten and I have to type (print-graph #t) again.

So add this expression to your definitions...

> If you want to know where I'm coming from: I've up til now been
> using common lisp + slime + emacs. Before that I used scheme. What
> motivated me to come back to scheme is that my project is getting
> big enough that I need a proper module system, and the ones
> available for common lisp are just too complex for me. PLT scheme's
> module system fulfils all my wishes, and with swindle, I've got most
> of what I like from common lisp. The only thing I'm missing now is
> the interactivity and debuggability of my previous setup.

If you're using Swindle, then it's uses its own printer (based on the
print-object generic) -- and I never got to implement printing of
shared structures.