[plt-scheme] Development Cycle

From: Arend P. van der Veen (apvanderveen at att.net)
Date: Mon Apr 4 12:22:48 EDT 2005

Noel,

Thanks for your response.

We are developing a web based application and are trying to develop and
debug modules that are used by a cgi-bin script.  The system has only
script that calls an executive that determines exactly what to do.  It
calls one or more modules depending on it needs to do.  The script
itself is very small.

When I have a bug it is always in the modules and not the script.  There
are about 50 modules in system in three collections with more then
25,000 lines of code.  The error trace I get just points to the script
in the cgi-bin directly.  It does not provide any visibility into the
modules.  However, if I use "setup-plt --mode errortrace -l
my-collection" I get nice error traces.  However, this slows down
development and the application to a level where the development cycle
is extremely hampered.

Thanks,
Arend