[plt-scheme] Development Cycle

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 4 11:05:58 EDT 2005

--- "Arend P. van der Veen" <apvanderveen at att.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to best use mzscheme in my
> development environment - here is what I currently do:

Goodness this sounds complicated!  What I do is:

1. Write tests

2. Write code

3. M-x compile with the command

   mzscheme -qe '(begin (load "run-tests.ss") (exit))'

I can't remember the last time I had a error so big I had
to attack it with errortrace.  Occasionally I load up
DrScheme to get stack traces from my failing tests.

I normally keep code and tests in the same directory, but
recently I've taken to separating them, and have a build
step (currently Make; yuck) to copy them into the same
directory and run the tests.  This is done solely to make
releasing code easier -- so I don't have to manually delete
the tests when I build a collection for Planet.

HTH,
Noel

Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
AIM: noelhwelsh