[plt-scheme] Convention for alists?

From: jekwtw (jeaniek7 at comcast.net)
Date: Sat Apr 2 22:41:57 EST 2005

It's not really a convention -- the two examples specify two different types
of tables.  The first maps symbols to numbers while the second maps symbols
to lists of numbers.  An entry of the of the first sort of alist might be
updated by replacing the value with another number, whereas an entry of the
second sort of alist might be updated by consing another number to the
value.  Think of an alist recording counts of letters in a string versus an
alist recording the locations of those letters.  I've had occasion to use
both.

 -- Bill Wood
    bill.wood at acm.org