[plt-scheme] upcoming change in PLT Scheme v300

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 1 02:53:29 EST 2005

--- Shriram Krishnamurthi <shriram at gmail.com> wrote:

> 		The Fate Of LAMBDA in PLT Scheme v300
> 				  or
> 		   Lambda the Ultimate Design Flaw

Although it may be controversial, I wholeheartedly applaud
PLT's decision.  It is high time that functional
programmers
recognised that anonymous functions can hardly be called
intuitive and are best removed from the language. There is
lesson to learned about the gap between theory and
practice!

Fold?  Well don't get me started!  The generally accepted
opinion of experts is the brain has special abilities for
operating on loops.  I only wish that the PLT Scheme
language could undergo the radical step of dramatically
simplifying the language by removing recursion entirely
!

Yours sincerely,
Noel

Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com