[plt-scheme] web server directories

From: Bradd W. Szonye (bradd+plt at szonye.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 12:04:31 EDT 2004

Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> Maybe, I haven't tried .... I don't know in details how Apache handles
> the username and password, but if they are present in the http
> headers, then there is no problems.

Apache follows the usual CGI rules; see
<http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/interface.html>.

It passes the remote user ID in the "REMOTE_USER" environment variable.
I don't know how the PLT server processes that, but scripts should be
able to access it through the environment interface at the very least.

As far as I know, the server does not provide access to the user's
password, only to the authenticated ID.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd