[plt-scheme] ANN: Scheme Cookbook

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 05:25:11 EDT 2004

--- "Neil W. Van Dyke" <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:

> Noel and Anton seem to be the primary (or early)
> instigators of the Cookbook

Credit where credit is due.  Modesty prevents me from
naming the person who instigated the Cookbook project, but
many people have contributed to its development.  Brent
Fulgham converted the original Cookbook from Scribe to
WebIt, and produced the very pretty, though now out of
date, version that is still on the Schematics site.  Anton
has done a tonne (or ton) of work, including all the system
administration work that supports the current site.  Neil,
Gordon, Francisco and many others have contributed lots of
content.  And so on...  The statistics page has the names
of everyone who has contributed so far:

  http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/WebStatistics

> Now that the Wiki has been primed, the bulk of Wiki
> goodness will
> hopefully be contributed by interactions of the cast of
> thousands

Indeed that is the hope.  I encourage everyone to submit
recipes, even if it is simply a placeholder that others can
fill out.  In fact if people need help with a particular
problem that is reasonably generic is it quite valuable to
ask the question as a recipe stub, as this gives authors an
idea of what is useful to the community.  See:

  http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/BecomingAnAuthor
  http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/CreatingRecipes

Cheers,
Noel