[plt-scheme] miscaellanous packaging problems with plt-scheme

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Sep 14 17:54:49 EDT 2004

On Aug 23, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> I'm still interest by the file list...

Will be attached in the next email.  Sorry for the delay.  What you'll
get there is the title of every configuration that is made, and the
list of files in that configuration.

(If anyone else is interested, I can probably make these things
available somehwere if anyone else is interested, but you can the tar
files themselves and run 'tar tvzf'.)

>  From the answers I had so far, I understand there are three kind of
> devel files:
> - those that are needed at runtime by all users (the ones from
> /usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler)
> - those that are needed for people building plt extensions (the ones
> from /usr/include), that need to go to some -devel package
> - those that are only provided as examples (the ones from the src
> directories), that could go in the -devel package
>
> Am I right ?

Your separation between developers and used will always lead problems
when you're dealing with a package that is intended for users who are
themselves programmers.  What activities do you expect such users to do?