[plt-scheme] .Z* files in SLaTeX

From: David Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 9 23:56:15 EDT 2004

> In Windows Explorer (2000), try Tools -> Folder Options -> View, and
> select "Do not show hidden files and folders".  I don't know what else
> it considers "hidden" besides dot-files, so use at your own risk.

Dot-files are not considered hidden in Windows. Windows file systems
have a bit in the file metadata flagging the file as hidden. You can
right-click and select "Properties" for any file or group of files and
set the "Hidden" checkbox. Then the file will disappear, but whenever
new files are created you'll have to set them separately.

Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.