[plt-scheme] .Z* files in SLaTeX

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 9 19:38:06 EDT 2004

>I don't like this solution at all.  Some people run SLaTeX every time;
>I prefer to run SLaTeX only if I changed something (ie, a Scheme
>region) that needs it to run.  Matthias's solution means you have to
>run SLaTeX for every tiny edit.

Since I'm in a multifile situation (these are lecture
slides/instructor-notes/condensed-handouts generated by a single file
of s-exprs processed via WebIt!) and am using a makefile, and I doubt
it can tell the difference between tiny edits and big ones (though
admittedly the documentation of GNU make is so extensive it might well
have this capability buried somewhere) I pretty much have to run
SLaTeX every time anyway, so Matthias's solution works for me. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.