[plt-scheme] newby question re upgrading Dr Scheme

From: Tim Hanson (tbhanson at gmx.de)
Date: Thu Sep 9 16:13:05 EDT 2004

thanks, John,

On Tuesday, Sep 7, 2004, at 20:20 Europe/Berlin, John Clements wrote:

> I don't believe this problem relates to an earlier installation.

good! :)

> Regarding mzscheme: it's located in the plt/bin directory, rather than
> the plt/ directory where the DrScheme application lives.  It's a part
> of all of our distributions.

good to know. you're right. it's there and it runs from the command
line with
	bin/mzscheme
> How to fix your problem?  I suspect that the "install" script which
> should be triggered by the installer is not running, or not running to
> completion.  One fix might be to manually run the "Finish Install"
> program in the newly installed PLT directory.

OK, maybe this explains what went wrong: when i run "Finish Install"
manually there appear to be permission problems. [Oops, i can't
copy/paste from that window.] a number of delete commands fail with
(Permission denied; errno=13) Also several "Error during launcher
setup"s.

thanks again.

cheers,

Tim