[plt-scheme] .Z* files in SLaTeX

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 9 13:11:53 EDT 2004

> Can I ask a SLaTeX question here? Does anyone else have the problem of
> having huge numbers of files starting with .Z piling up in a directory
> where SLaTeX is being repeatedly run?

Since you asked -- not really (-:.  It's more of an annoyance under
Windows, which doesn't automatically hide dot-files.  (Maybe there's a
way of making it do so, information on which I'd be grateful for.)

>					Would it hurt me to clean these
> up immediately after running it, or are they of use on subsequent
> runs using a modified version of the same file?

You can delete them.  It only gets used by the LaTeX phase.  However,
if you have changed your references and LaTeX needs to run twice, then
of course you should leave the .Z's across the invocations.

Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> Wrap \begin{schemeregion} ... \end{schemeregion} around your fle.

I don't like this solution at all.  Some people run SLaTeX every time;
I prefer to run SLaTeX only if I changed something (ie, a Scheme
region) that needs it to run.  Matthias's solution means you have to
run SLaTeX for every tiny edit.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.