[plt-scheme] Massive memory consumption

From: Adam Wick (awick at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 31 16:15:53 EST 2004

At 31 Oct 2004 17:50:36 -0000, Pete.4479779 at bloglines.com wrote:
> The 3m collector had slightly higher memory use
> and significantly lower performance when memory grew tight. After 1500 hits:

You might find more recent versions of the default collector
function better under load. At least, that was the intent of
that re-write (it popped into the archive in early June-ish,
and it was v299-, not exp-tagged then). I'm not sure if it'll
help the space usage problem. It might, but I haven't run any
experiments.

I've got fixing some of the memory use problems on my todo list,
but I've got a bunch of other things on my plate with a higher
priority. So I don't know when (or even if) I'll have some time
to go ahead and work on it.

-Adam

Posted on the users mailing list.