[plt-scheme] v299: process* file args, paths, strings, and byte-strings

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 19 18:38:24 EDT 2004

At Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:33:08 -0400, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> In this particular situation, I'll almost certainly be fine, because I
> don't expect /sw/fink/debs to contain any files with names not
> representable in basic ASCII, but I'm anal^H^H^H^H careful enough to
> want to get this right in the general case.

I don't have the full answer for you, since I'm not sure what we hook
into for process*, but I thought I'd point out one thing here.

It turns out that it's not even as bad as you assume. As I understand
it, there are very few bytes strings that are not representable as
paths; it's certainly far more than just ASCII that keeps you safe.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.