[plt-scheme] Re: Programming for non-programmers

From: Steven H. Rogers (steve at shrogers.com)
Date: Sat Oct 16 14:11:01 EDT 2004

Alex Peake wrote:

>Let us add to that the mindset of the "enterprising" (entrepreneur if you like). To assume that all
>progress is made in the work hours and environment is a recipe for, well, the current situation. The
>"enterprising" find time to (as Alan Kay suggests) "invent the future". If you wait for the average
>corporation, which as we all recognize, are populated by average people, then we get average
Exactly.  As Paul Graham is fond of saying, most recently in "What the
Bubble Got Right" (http://paulgraham.com/bubble.html),  people tend to
be most productive when their contributions to the enterprises bottom
line is fairly rewarded.  The larger a company is, the harder it is to
see how individual contributions impact the bottom line.

Steven H. Rogers, Ph.D., steve at shrogers.com
Weblog: http://shrogers.com/zope/reflections
"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best
way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

Posted on the users mailing list.