[plt-scheme] Re: Programming for non-programmers

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 15 18:34:36 EDT 2004

On Oct 15, 2004, at 5:25 PM, Neil W. Van Dyke wrote:

> now that everyone's goals are aligned, we
> can see more industry and government 5-year investment in CS education,

Argh, a purely government-run system of high schools has gotten us into
this rotten mess in this country. Don't throw good money after bad one.

NOTE: Here is what I am *not* saying: "It is impossible to have a
country's government run a successful high school system." I am saying
that the high school system in this country has been run by states and
counties for the past N decades, and they failed.

Create a competition. But perhaps that's what we have and perhaps the
ripple effects will go back to where they need to go.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.