[plt-scheme] BLAS, LAPACK, and GSL

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Oct 13 17:05:29 EDT 2004

On Oct 13, TiM wrote:
> i am interested in utilizing the gnu scientific libraries
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/) in my scheme codes, although my
> primary interest at this time are the BLAS and LAPACK portions.
>
> is anyone aware of nice drscheme interfaces for these libs?
> [...]
> if such bindings do not exist, are there other people out there who
> are interested in working together to create them?

This is ideal for the new foreign interface, now part of v299.  In
fact, it is so ideal that I wanted to make an interface for BLAS as
one of the examples.  Then I realized that I get it with LAPACK, so I
decided to interface that too.  Then I looked for some concrete files,
and found that the whole thing is part of GSL, and that (a) it is
huge, (b) it is GPL'd.

Implementing these interfaces is extremely simple, the only thing is
that it will take a while to go over the bindings and writing the
interfaces.  (It is one place where a C parser would help.)

If anyone is interested, I can help.