[plt-scheme] Scheme or Lisp?

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Oct 5 12:47:49 EDT 2004

Gordon Weakliem <gweakliem at oddpost.com> writes at 08:54 05-Oct-2004 -0700:
> The fact of the matter is that most of the database support out there
> is done on a volunteer basis.  DB support is the area where PLT is
> weakest, IMO, but that's primarily a function of the number of
> database implementations that you can target.

Full, solid support for PostgreSQL is forthcoming.
(The "volunteer basis" thing means it's mostly working,
but sitting unreleased til I can justify time to finish it right.)

There are already some released PostgreSQL libraries for PLT.  I used
"spgsql" a little, and liked it, but I didn't want to have to QA and
maintain its protocol implementation.

On Unix, the only PLT database backends I'd personally like to see are
PostgreSQL, Oracle, and maybe a svelte "dbm"-like one.

Posted on the users mailing list.