[plt-scheme] data persistence

From: Bruce Butterfield (bab at entricom.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 15:25:14 EST 2004

For my applications the ability to use stored procedures in Postgres
makes it the db of choice -- as far as I know MySQL still does not have
this capability. With stored procedures (written in any of several
flavors including an internal procedural language, PLSQL) I can separate
  the persistent store from the application logic in a very clean way; I
can rearrange and optimize my db and its access logic without affecting
the defined interface. Postgres in general is a much more sophisticated
environment in which to do serious development.