[plt-scheme] send/suspend return values

From: Jordan Johnson (jorjohns at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 21 12:25:16 EST 2004

On Sunday, November 21, 2004, at 07:11  AM, David J. Neu wrote:
> My alternative is to generate the list of data and then pass it into
> the procedure MAKE-FORM, however, I'd like to avoid looping through
> the data set twice.

I'm not sure I understand your question.  You're already looping
through the data set a second time when you write , at loptions, and
moving the generation of the data outside your form-builder procedure
won't change that...

In fact, I'd argue it'd be better; as written, your make-form doesn't
even care what lrandoms is.  It seems that passing the data into
make-form is the right way to do it.

Is there any reason NOT to write it this way (given the same def'n of
random-number-options you provided):

   (define doit
     (lambda (an)
       (let* ((rands/opts (random-number-options an))
              (lrandoms (car rands/opts))              ;; or better, use
let-values
              (loptions (cadr rands/opts))
              (lrequest (send/suspend (make-form an loptions)))
					;; add loptions arg to make-form, and delete make-form's let-exps
              (lbindings (request-bindings lrequest)))
           (let ((lnum (extract-binding/single 'num lbindings)))
             (send/finish
              `(html
                (center ,(format "You selected the number ~a"

Let me know if I'm missing something...

jmj

--
Jordan Johnson (Email manipulator #22483617)