[plt-scheme] Fwd: error-building plt dr scheme, on FC2 X86_64 (missing files??)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 16 08:03:57 EST 2004

At Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:22:49 -0500, Burlen Loring wrote:
> burlen at faclib-206:/usr/local/plt$ ./bin/drscheme
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
> operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
>   Value in failed request:  0x40
>   Serial number of failed request:  10388
>
> Obviously this is related to the failed install....

I agree with Robby that this is not likely related to the SGL failure.

We've tested MzScheme on x86_64, but not MrEd. I imagine the problem is
that one of MrEd's uses of XtVaGetValues passes the address of the
wrong kind of integer (where the two kinds happen to have the same size
on a 32-bit machine, but not a 64-bit machine).

I'll scan the source code for bad calls. Meanwhile, if you have a
chance, the result of the following debugging session may help me:

  % gdb <pltdir>/bin/mred
  (gdb) run -synchronous -mvqM drscheme
  ... eventually aborts ...
  (gdb) where