[plt-scheme] just starting, comming from j2ee

From: Jaime Barciela (jbarciela at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 1 15:07:51 EST 2004

Hello all,

I'm just starting with Lisp/Scheme. My day job is all
about Java/J2EE (Servlets, EJB, ...) and I want to set
up  something equivalent to that only using

I have evaluated several implementation and so far my
candidates are CLisp and PLT Scheme (I need to be able
to deploy on Windows). They are close, but I like that
PLT have support for threads and libraries for

With CLisp the solution would be to use Apache +
mod_lisp or fastCGI.

My question is, how would the architecture be with
PLT? Behind Apache with some equivalent to mod_lisp?
(I know PLT has its own web server but I understand is
not too secure so far.)
Is it posible to build a *high performance*, *highly
scalable* web site (say, Amazon) using PLT? With
continuations for linear flow control, or they will
kill performance?

How the performance would compare with my reference:
J2EE? Say BEA Weblogic.

I know the app will have to be drastically different
(beyond syntax) but what I want is to get a sense of
where are the limits and what is the applicability of
PLT for production enterprise sotfware.

Thank you for any help.

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.