[plt-scheme] just starting, comming from j2ee

From: Jaime Barciela (jbarciela at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 1 15:07:51 EST 2004

Hello all,

I'm just starting with Lisp/Scheme. My day job is all
about Java/J2EE (Servlets, EJB, ...) and I want to set
up  something equivalent to that only using
Lisp/Scheme.

I have evaluated several implementation and so far my
candidates are CLisp and PLT Scheme (I need to be able
to deploy on Windows). They are close, but I like that
PLT have support for threads and libraries for
XML/HTML.

With CLisp the solution would be to use Apache +
mod_lisp or fastCGI.

My question is, how would the architecture be with
PLT? Behind Apache with some equivalent to mod_lisp?
(I know PLT has its own web server but I understand is
not too secure so far.)

Is it posible to build a *high performance*, *highly
scalable* web site (say, Amazon) using PLT? With
continuations for linear flow control, or they will
kill performance?

How the performance would compare with my reference:
J2EE? Say BEA Weblogic.

I know the app will have to be drastically different
(beyond syntax) but what I want is to get a sense of
where are the limits and what is the applicability of
PLT for production enterprise sotfware.

Thank you for any help.
Jaime