[plt-scheme] Mac Versions

From: David J. Neu (djneu at att.net)
Date: Sun May 30 07:22:33 EDT 2004

Thanks!

I've been running under the UFS (unix file system), but ran into an
application that only runs under the HFS+ file system.

If I were to switch to the HFS+ file system would PLT-Scheme be happy?

I'm sorry if the next question is a bit off topic, but I know a fair
number of folks on this list are MacOS converts: Any comments about
using UFS vs HFS+ in general?

Many thanks,
--David

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 11:37:21AM -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> At Sat, 15 May 2004 12:23:17 -0400, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> >   For list-related administrative tasks:
> >
> > On May 15, David J. Neu wrote:
> > > I just started playing around with a Mac.  I had been using FreeBSD
> > > for development and still will for production.
> > >
> > > Can someone explain the difference between the "Mac OS X" and the
> > > "Mac X11 on Darwin" versions of PLT-Scheme?
> >
> > The X11 thing uses Mac's X on X thing, which means that it is
> > basically the same as the Unix versions.  The OS X thing is using the
> > normal OS X interface.  Other people can probably point out the
> > advantages and disadvantages of each.  (I'm not using a Mac, otherwise
> > I'd be spitting buzzwords all over the place.)
>
> The short answer is use the Mac OS X one, not the X11 one.
>
> Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.