[plt-scheme] questions about profiling & DrScheme startup

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri May 28 12:17:34 EDT 2004

At Fri, 28 May 2004 12:11:07 -0400, Doug Orleans wrote:
> 1. Can the profiler be used in MzScheme, or is it only available
>    inside DrScheme?

See the docs for "errortrace" for profiling in MzScheme.

> 2. Is there a way to add to `current-library-collection-paths' when
>    DrScheme starts up?  I don't like using the PLTCOLLECTS environment
>    variable, because then I have to hard-code the system directory and
>    the add-ons directory (which are only computed if PLTCOLLECTS is
>    not set).

If you include an empty path in your PLTCOLLECTS definition, it is
replaced with the default paths. For example,

  :~mflatt/collects

under Unix would add "~mflatt/collects" after the default collection
directories.

> 3. Is there a place to put arbitrary start-up code for DrScheme?

No.

For a longer answer, see

 http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&frame=right&th=3a0a62b7a2353d7c&seekm=770d8f1a.0112141906.4b840f35%40posting.google.com#link4

Matthew