[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme v207 doesn't install

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu May 27 10:48:51 EDT 2004

At Sat, 22 May 2004 08:30:36 +0530, Prakash Neelakantan wrote:
> I reinstalled 207, invoked the debugger on the exception (VS 7.1) and
> did a  mini dump with heap.

Thanks very much for the dump!

Using it, I think that maybe I've tracked down the problem. I
definitely fixed *a* bug, and all circumstantial evidence points to
this bug as the culprit, but it's difficult to be sure...

As a step toward testing the repair, I'm looking for volunteers.
Qualified volunteers experience a crash when they try to install 207.
Furthermore, running "Finish Install.exe" (in the half-installed PLT
folder) doesn't work either.

If you have a Windows machine like that:

 * If you no longer have a half-installed 207, try, once again, to
   install it.

 * After the install crashes, replace the "libmred207_000.dll" in your
   system folder (probably "C:/windows/system32") with

     http://www.cs.utah.edu/~mflatt/tmp/libmred207_000.dll

 * Go to the half-installed PLT folder and double-click "Finish
   Install.exe".

Finish Install should either crash immediately or succeed. Let me know
either way.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.