[plt-scheme] DrScheme memory usage

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Wed May 26 10:19:01 EDT 2004

vladyx at home wrote:

> Hello ifconfig,
>  Wednesday, May 26, 2004, 5:48:19 PM, you wrote:

>  in> Why is 90M of ramunacceptable?

> Because this is just for very small programs. What happens for complex
> programms ?

Don't worry - it is DrScheme that uses most of the ram and not your program.
When the program is finished one used the "Make launcher" to make
a little script that starts the program without starting DrScheme, thus
using much less memory.

> Even so,sometimes, DrScheme manage to make my computer to not respond
> for tens of seconds.

Perhaps DrScheme3m works better for you?

>  in> And why is Outlook tryingto paint my text blue now?
> This, I don't now :)

Both of you should consider changing the default settings in
Outlook (Express?). Set the format to Text (not HTML) and things will
work as expected.

Jens Axel Søgaard

Posted on the users mailing list.