[plt-scheme] Encodings

From: Sylvain Beucler (beuc at beuc.net)
Date: Fri May 21 08:21:53 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am currently developing a piece of software using MzScheme and
DrScheme. Since it is in French, I use some accents.

Currently, DrScheme understands them properly when I use the Latin-1
encoding. However, I read that v300 will only accept Unicode, which
means my program will be invalid since it will not be UTF-8 compliant.

Is there a plan to support multiple encodings (like Emacs or Jikes), or
will I have to convert all my accents to UTF-8 for v300? Or maybe is
there another way to make my code run under both v207 and v300 (other
than removing accents ;))?

--
Sylvain