[plt-scheme] Cannot install 207 on Windows

From: JeffS (jeffste1 at verizon.net)
Date: Thu May 20 10:33:53 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andre van Tonder" <andre at het.brown.edu>
To: <plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] Cannot install 207 on Windows

> I have had the same problem on Windows XP, on two unrelated
> machines, previously with version 206 and now with version 207.  I finally
> got the 207 installer to run without errors yesterday on one of the
> machines after uninstalling the previously failed 207 partial installation
> from the control panel -> add/remove programs.
>
> Regards
> Andre

  I also had the same problem with version 206.  I posted a request for
help, but before
it was answered, I tried one last time.  Lo-and-behold!  The install was
successful, and
for no apparent reason as I didn't do anything differently than before.

  One of the replies to my request for help came from Eli who suggested that
I disconnect
from the internet prior to install and see if that helped.  I never did try
this because, as
stated, my install was finally successful.  Perhaps you might want to give
this a try and
see if it works.  If so, let the group know.

  Regards,
  JeffS
  P.S.  -- I have an always on DSL connection.