[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme 207 available

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Wed May 19 04:42:34 EDT 2004

Eli Barzilay wrote:

> This version adds new collections, while work is going on for v300:
>
> * PLoT is a new collection that provides an interface for drawing
>   plots.  There is a basic interface for common plot types, as well as
>   an advanced one for creating custom types.  See the relevant
>   help-desk manual for details.

Hurrah! This works beautifully. Expect too see "calculator repl"
from me shortly. The easy stuff like root finding and minimum finding
is done. The hard part: printing a fixed number of digits after the
decimal point is pending.

BTW - shouldn't the docs for PLoT have a reference to the paper?

> * A revised draw.ss teachpack supports functions for dealing with
>   clock events and key stroke events.  This allows students to write
>   animations on day 1.  See the revised documentation.

More good news.

> * Windows users will be pleased to know that double-clicking a Scheme
>   file will re-use an existing DrScheme process rather than starting a
>   new one.

Cheers.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard