[plt-scheme] DrScheme Interactions window

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat May 8 22:05:49 EDT 2004

On May 8, 2004, at 9:30 PM, Connor Ferguson wrote:

> This sounds great. I think I will need to modify it so that the GUI
> will
> have two text fields one for the subject and one for the verb.
>
> The only thing is, I have defined a verb as a structure and have then
> defined individual verbs. So my program takes a string and a verb
> (struct)
>
> (define-struct verb (inf yo tu 3sing nos vos 3plural))
> (define ser (make-verb "ser" "soy" "eres" "es" "somos" "sois" "son"))
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but information placed into a text field in a
> GUI
> is considered a string. Could I possibly solve this problem by
> modifying my
> verb definitions as such:
>
> (define "ser" (make-verb "ser" "soy" "eres" "es" "somos" "sois" "son"))

Nah, remember that (define XYZ ...) introduces a Scheme name (XYZ) to
stand
for some value.

You may wish to consider a menu instead of a text field for input and
just use lists.

> Also, will this executable require DrScheme to be installed on the
> computer
> that it is running on and is it universal?

You will need DrScheme on other computers just like you need Windows
on other computers to run your Windows program and OS X to run your OS X
program and so on. That's what's called an Operating System and DrScheme
is just a very high level operating system.

-- Matthias

P.S. Good luck with your parents.

Posted on the users mailing list.