[plt-scheme] RE: plt-scheme digest, Vol 1 #758 - 1 msg

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 27 12:21:51 EST 2004

>> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:32:51 -0600
>> From: "Thaddeus L. Olczyk" <olczyk at interaccess.com>
>> To: plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.edu
>> Subject: [plt-scheme] The "Stroustrup" introduction to (PLT) Scheme.
>>
>> When learning C++ one typically encounters two books.
>> One by Stan Lipman one by Bjarne Stroustrup.
>>
>> The division was fairly straightforward : you read Lipman
>> if you didn't know C; and you read Stroustrup if you
>> knew C.

Scheme shares ( and ) with Lisp. Otherwise it is a successor of Algol
60, as the cover of the revised report says. But having said that, I am
not sure what to recommend to someone who knows Algol :-)

I suggest Sitaram's fixnums days. Look in Help Desk or Google it.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.