[plt-scheme] efficient string operations yielding immutable strings

From: Paul Schlie (schlie at comcast.net)
Date: Fri Mar 26 13:19:18 EST 2004

Which makes sense, and would then observe that the generalization of such
a facility to designate and query not only an object mutability, but also
a function's mutability attribute, may go a long way in also addressing
Anton's previously expressed concerns associated with enabling the
programmer to express their intent that a function not contain or mutate
persistent or shared state, to aid in their designation, and diagnosis of
violation of stated intent; rather than try to argue for the preservation
of scheme's presently ambiguous evaluation order evaluation?

In fact, wonder if even your intent may be better served by being able to
specify that a function is immutable, rather than attempting to classify
it's arguments as being so within the body of the function? (but realize
that you're working with what you've got, although it's not officially
portable across arbitrary conforming implementations).

-paul-